Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sugar & Spice


This layout took me forever to do, lol. I fussed, I inked, I rearranged but I finally finished it. This is my daughter Nicole on her wedding day. I love this girl. The title of my layout "Sugar & Spice" came from Scrapping The Music. If you know my daughter, this fits perfectly. She is sugar, but she has a spicy side to her. Love that James Brown Song!  The inspiration came from Once Upon A Sketch which has the most beautiful sketches and inspiration to do a layout. We were asked to journal about  New Beginnings and again if you know Nicole, her life now is full of new and wonderful beginnings. The hidden journal tag reads:

What a Year for you my sweet Nicole
A new marriage
A new house
A new job
And new friends
Along with this will come new experiences,
and your life is now on a new journey.
I'm so proud of what you have accomplished
and the risks you take in life.
You are my precious girl
I love you today, tomorrow and forever









Supplies: Bo Bunny Enchanted , Enchanted Love, Fairytales, Licorice Dot, Bling from Dollarama, Prima Flowers, Prima Resist Canvas,  Ranger Distress Ink, Dusty concord, Forest Moss, Photos by Pink Sugar.

20 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! You do shabby chic so well! And I love the purple and green---beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO! All your fussing and re-arranging paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great LO! Love all your details. You DD is beautiful - love her shoes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely...so much to enjoy here. Beautiful flowers, wonderful color choices...great job, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning! x
    www.atwentysomethingmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I love your design and take on the sketch! And I especially like your hidden journaling! TFS! And thanks for joining us at STM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even her flowers were beautiful! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful heartfelt page and post. Your daughter is just stunning and I love her pose showing off her shoes. Very relaxed. Your interpretation of the challenge is just fantastic. Thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page.The colours are very pretty and although you had trouble getting the look you wanted I think you absolutely rocked this! The photo is gorgeous and I also loved your little message to your daughter. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeee the photos, the doilies, the COLORS, the FLOWERS!!! WOW!! Thanks so much for visiting and following me!! I am following you now too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page lovely pictures sweet colors and details.
    byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your page is filled with heartfelt passion. Truly beautiful, the details are wonderful and the arrangement divine. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! Beautiful inking and ....I award you with the BEST WEDDING LAYOUTS award :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous Lynn! The colors are so beautiful and all of the details and layers you add are amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful beautiful young woman!!!great color combo! I hear ya on the "fussing". I'm so not a fast scrapper because I'm always moving things around. your efforts were worth it, this is a gorgeous piece!

    thanks for playing along at scrapping the music!

    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very beautiful layout - well worth all that precious time spent!! Everything about it is perfectly done and the photos and journaling are also excellent. Thank you for playing at Once Upon a Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful, I love these colors together and what a wonderful new beginning for your daughter. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a FAB page!! I love those pictures, they are so beautiful!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  19. So stunning and really captures your daughter's day. And I love that you picked this title to go with it...perfect! She is so blessed to have you as a Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, your color combo and your layering here! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn