Friday, July 7, 2023

The Cottage on Glass Lake - Book Review



Dr. Becca Weiland is at a loss when her marriage ends and she is trying to adjust to this new season of her life. She thought her life was perfect and she is about to face some new challenges, the biggest one being….who is Becca really?

Sadie Bloom is a fun-loving, easy-going baker that takes life in stride. The only thing standing in her way is a dreaded doctor’s appointment that she is not ready to face.  She is scared of what her future holds.

Becca and Sadie have been acquaintances since they were teens, but far from being friends. They tolerate each other but when Becca and Sadie get thrown together for a month long stay at a cabin, they will soon discover that they can support, encourage and understand each other and develop a friendship they are both craving. They will not only develop new friendships but maybe also true love.

Amy Pine not only gives her readers a friendship and romance novel, but also a story of self discovery. We have all been in a place when we didn’t know what our next step would be and this story is all about how to move forward. The story was witty, funny and heart warming. I loved the book and the writing style of Ms. Pine. When I read the synopsis for the book, I did read the first novel in the series first, The Bloom Girls and I found that although it can be a stand a lone novel, both major characters were introduced in the first novel. Thank you to Forever, Grand Central Publishing for my advanced copy which I read and reviewed voluntarily. I am excited to see what Amy Pine comes out with next.


Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse. Lynn 


  Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases so, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn