Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The Summer Cottage - book review



Trisha Langly and her son are beginning a new life in Somerset Lake after a devasting scandal her ex-husband. All she wants is a quiet life and a new beginning. She loves her new job as the manager of Somerset Cottages and all the quirky residents. What will happen when the family decides it is time to sell the property?

Jake Fletcher is in Somerset on behalf of his family to convince his grandmother it is time to sell the family’s cottages and retire to Florida. He does not expect to find a feisty young woman and her young son managing the property. While he is there, he offers to help fix up the cabins with the intention that it will increase the property value. What will happen when Jake realizes that maybe selling is not the best idea? How will his family react?

I absolutely adored this novel by Annie Rains. The characters were so well written, and I loved the banter between Trisha and Jake. The supporting characters that we got to meet just warmed my heart and I am already envisioning their stories in future books. The setting of a quiet lake in a small town is just the perfect place for a romance to blossom. Many thanks to Forever Publishing, Annie Rains and Netgalley for an advanced reader copy. All the opinions expressed in my review are entirely my own.  



Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse. Lynn

  Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases so, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn