Friday, August 16, 2019

Multigrain bread with a twist - make the dough in your breadmaker!


Fresh bread baking in the oven is one of my favorite things. Although I am not a "food blogger" and take amazing photos, I love to share what's baking in the farmhouse kitchen. This recipe is so easy and it turns out perfectly every time. Just put the ingredients in your bread machine, choose the dough cycle and then it's time to create! The first time I made this recipe I made the dough into one large round loaf. It was scrumptious, but it was a huge loaf!

The next time I tried the recipe, I made two loaves. One plain and the other with cranberries.
 My next attempt was a cinnamon raisin loaf...oh my goodness...yummmmmmm. I think I have my new fave! Enjoy the process, experiment with different nuts and seeds. And of course let me know if you come up with something yummy! Happy Baking!


Multigrain Bread Recipe:

 Add ingredients into your bread machine in the following order:
  • 2 cups warm  water 
  • 1 Tbsp neutral cooking oil or olive oil 
  • 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar or honey
  • 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp fine salt
  • 1/2 cup multi-grain cereal such as 7-grain or 10 grain cereal  
  • 2 tsp sesame seeds * see notes
  • 2 tsp sunflower seeds 
  • 2 tsp poppy seeds
  • 2 1/4 tsp active dry or instant yeast 

    Add -Ins (optional):

    • 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries or raisins
    • 1/3 cup chopped raw pumpkin seeds, walnuts or other nuts.
     Place ingredients into your bread maker following the above directions. Choose the dough option. When the dough is complete, place on counter and make into 2 loaves. *At this point you can always add in cranberries or raisins as well. Place dough in bread pans lined with parchment paper or non stick spray. Let rise for 30 min. Preheat oven to 375F. Bake for 35 to 40 min until the bread sounds hollow or reaches an internal temperature of 190F. Remove from oven and let cool.

    Notes:
    * Seeds can be any combination to add up to 6 tsp.
    *This dough can be made into one round loaf and cooked in a dutch oven at 450 for 30 min with the cover on, and then an additional 10-15 minutes with the cover removed.
    * Line pans with parchment paper to help bread not stick to pans.
    * This dough can be made into buns or loaves.
    * Recipe adapted from https://www.seasonsandsuppers.ca


    Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse. Lynn


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn