Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Book Review: Empty Nest Full Life


https://amzn.to/2Kpqw4x

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

We spend our lives nurturing our children giving them everything we have. Then in a blink of an eye, they grow up, move away and start their own lives. How dare they? What is left of us? Who are we? What do we do now that our children are grown? How do we move on to the next chapter of our lives?

In this fabulous book by Jill Savage, she not only answers all of our questions, but she does it from a biblical perspective. When I read this line “Our kids need an imperfect role model because they are imperfect themselves. God used your imperfections to perfect you and your kids.”, I took a deep sign and thought “ I never thought of it that way”. Chapter after chapter I was highlighting key messages for myself like “No guilt trips, no sarcastic comments, no underhand manipulating to get your way. Straightforward, honest communication surrounded with love and grace will give your changing relationship its best opportunity”. I learnt how to deal with my empty nest but also how to deal with my now adult children. This is one book I will reference again and again to give me comfort and strength in this new season of life. It couldn’t have come at a more perfect time in life. Do yourself a favor, pick up this book, grab a highlighter and get ready to transform yourself from an empty nest to a full life. Thank you to Moody Publishers, Jill Savage and NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advanced copy and review this book.


 Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your support! Have a wonderful day! Lynn

 Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn