Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wishful Soul


When I saw this sketch by Karan Gerber at Sketchabilities  I wanted to do it right away. I just love her! When I saw the banner I went "yikes". That's what I love about challenges. They sometimes take you out of your comfort zone or let you try things you wouldn't normally do. My first thought was....wedding layout! But then I sat and thought about it. I wanted to do pink and frilly, and it took me 2 hours to find a photo, lol. I wish I had a baby girl ( anyone want to borrow me a grandbaby?) I ended up picking a photo of me with my new "piggy mittens" I got for my birthday when we went to Banff for the weekend.  Then I stopped by Scrapping The Music and when I heard the song "I'm alive" and read the lyrics I knew what the layout was going to be called. Those girls over there really have to stop making me cry. I don't share alot of my personal story on my blog, so that's why alot of the time it's in hidden journaling. For my journaling I used the lyrics to the song. It spoke to my heart. So thank you Karan for the beautiful sketch and for the girls who always touch my heart at Scrapping the Music.





Thanks so much for stopping by. I love reading your comments and I appreciate your scrappy support! Have a wonderfully happy scrappy day! Lynn

Supplies: Fancy Pants Wishful Thinking Line, Rose Petals, Darling, Banner, WT Strips, Alpha Stickers, Prima Flowers, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Wheat Beer, Maya Mist, Antique Copper, Tim Holtz Distress Stain Victorian Velvet.

17 comments:

  1. this is beautiful Lynn, i love the doilie, the banner looks awesome and wonderful photos too, thanks for joining in again at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! Love the misted doilies! Great take on a great sketch! (And those mittens are just too cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this happy pink layout...and LOVE your piggy mittens :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun and happy page, and agree with Kelly - those piggy mittens are amazing!!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at STM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this is a cool sketch i have it on mind to..yours is turnt out great your bobunny card is sweet to!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this LO is stunning!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout ! the colors are so sweet !
    Thanks for playing with this sketch !

    Valerie From DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING those ADORABLE photos and loveeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful layout! And the photos are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your piggy mittens and your layout is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout! Love the piggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. cutest gloves EVER!!! sweet colors and design! thanks for playing along this week at Scrapping the Music!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you are gonna make me cry. It's so good to be able to express yourself with music AND art. So glad you did a layout with you as the subject too. I love those mittens...right up my style! Love the layered doilies and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Love the layer here. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful take on the sketch! Just love all the layers of doilies. Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful take on the sketch! Just love all the layers of doilies. Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn