Tuesday, March 28, 2023

A Spinster's Guide to Danger and Dukes - Book Review




Poppy Delamare is living and working in London under an alias. She does not want anyone to figure out who she is and why she is hiding. When she receives notice that her sister back home is being accused of murder, she has no choice but to run to her aid. At the train station, Poppy is robbed and then rescued by the one man she cannot stand, Joshua Fielding, The Duke of Langham. When the Duke suggests that maybe they could help each other, Poppy is backed into a corner. Could she really pull off being the Duke’s fiancĂ© to gain his help with her sisters' case? There is only one way to find out, and that's to go along with his plan. What ensues next is a fabulous adventure for both Poppy and the Duke.

Manda Collins has opened up a whole new world for me with these witty historical romances. I was not a fan of historical romances, but thanks to Ms. Manda, I cannot get enough. I love the banter and the strong female characters. It was fun to read Poppy’s story as she has made some appearances in the first two books in the series. I also enjoyed the history part of the novel and how things were done back in the 1800’s. My thanks to Manda Collins and Forever Publishing for my copy, which I read and reviewed voluntarily. This is one series I would recommend picking up friends, you will not be disappointed.



Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse. Lynn



  Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases so, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn