Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Road to Larkin St - Book Review


 The Road to Larkin St by Eddie Owens

 It was a “he said, she said” case that seemed so simple thought Caitlin “Red” Raeburn, when Teddy Grant a cop she does not really like wants to hire her. She is a softy so she takes the case, but things quickly turn sideways when a witness is kidnapped, a Vietnamese gang becomes involved, and Red has no where to turn but to her friends “The Niners” and LGBT motorcycle group. Can Red solve the mystery, save her witness, and keep herself from being killed?

What a fabulous story by Eddie Owens. I loved Red’s character, she is cheeky, gusty and is what I call a “real” character. One you can connect with. I also loved all the supporting characters, especially her special needs daughter Emma. The motorcycle gang is just a hoot. They added a lot of interest to the story, and more than a few laughs.  I got this book on a whim because I liked the cover, and now I am so glad I did, as I have found a new author to read. This is not the first book in the series and Eddie did a fabulous job filling in the backstory so that you could read this as a stand a lone novel, but also left enough teasers that left the reader wanting to know those previous stories. I am on my way to find book one and start the journey from the beginning. Thank you so much to the author  Eddie Owens, BooksGoSocial Publishing and NetGalley for an advanced copy of the book to review. It was fabulous! All opinions expressed for this review are unbiased and entirely my own.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse. Lynn

 

  Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases so, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn