Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Love is a Battlefield






When I was a teenager I remember pretending I was in a rock band singing in my parents basement to Pat Benatar. Wild and crazy I know! When I saw workout challenge #60 at Scrap Fit I was hooked. Now I needed a sketch...hmmm. At Colorful Creations they had this awesome sketch. Ok...now the fun part. I needed corrugated cardboard. I go running into the bonus room where the boys are watching a hockey game...I yell "do we have any cardboard". My husband answers..".yup out in the recycle bin but it's raining". Yeah, you think that is going to stop me? A little rain for something I need to do a layout. I run outside, grab the stack, come back in and ask them to rip it for me. They think I'm crazy at this point. Am I? Ok maybe a little...but it's all for the love of scrappin! You all get me right? So I end the evening drinking a mint chocolate latte singing....We are young..   Heartache to heartache we stand..  No promises, no demands...
Love is a battlefield.

Supplies: Scrap Within Reach Georgia Rain Collection, pitter patter, april showers, tin roof.Misc buttons and washers, Tim Holtz distress ink walnut stain, Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist Suede, Creative Imaginations stickers. Cd..homemade. 


11 comments:

  1. Great LO! Love all your fun elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this challenge! The design, the ruggedness, the pops of red, the filmstrip photos---fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with this challenge! The design, the ruggedness, the pops of red, the filmstrip photos---fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the elements and the colors and the design. Funny about the cardboard and pretending to be a rock star! Have a good (rest of the week)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Love the way you embraced this Workout!! Love the cardboard story!! I keep a pouch of it with my scrappy stuff. :-) Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man still don't understanding scrapbooking..lol..Cool page you have made with challenge!
    byeee and a cool 2012 for you to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn this is great!!! I love the CD on the layout! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow...I love this! I love the grungy look, and the CD is the perfect touch. I love what you had to do to get the cardboard :) Nothing stops scrappers when they're on a mission...haha! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The details on your layout are amazing...a little water makes the cardboard easier to tear :o) Thanks for playing along with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cool LO!!! this totally rocks and love how you added the CD!! such a cool LO!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with ScapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn