Tuesday, March 19, 2024




When Sheila loses her job, and her husband, on a whim she travels to visit her ex-mother-in-law Patty who lives by the sea and runs a little tea shop. When Sheila arrives, she is surprised by the state of the unkept tea house which has now been shut down. Not only that but her ex-husband wants to move his mother to an old age home close to where he lives. Sheila knowing Patty does not want to move, offers to stay and help her around the house and convinces her to reopen the tea shop. When Patty tells her the neighbour has offered to purchase her land, Sheila stomps right over to his house to tell him it is no longer for sale. That’s when she meets the movie star Russell Westwood who seems to have made himself right at home in the small sea side town. What will happen when Sheila and her daughter Eliza take the reins to reinvent the tea house? How does Russell fit into their plans and their new lives?

This new novel by Amelia Addler was full of family, friendship, and new beginnings. I loved that Sheila was entering middle age and was an empty nester. Love can enter our lives at any age, and it was refreshing to see a mid life romance blossom. I also enjoyed the family dynamics especially the fun spirited Patty. I adored this novel about new beginnings and love how Ms. Addler told the story even including a little plot twist that includes a whale! My sincere thanks to Amelia Addler for my advanced copy which I read and reviewed voluntarily. A perfect spring novel.




Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse. Lynn



  Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases so, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn