Friday, July 28, 2023

The Rome Apartment Book Review



When Beth is stunned by her husband’s announcement that he “needs a break” from their marriage, she is at a crossroads. He thinks the marriage is stale and Beth is not the fun-loving risk taker he married. Beth is shaken until she sees an advertisement for an apartment in Rome for three months for a “woman of a certain age”. Beth is intrigued and answers the ad, and before she knows it she is off to Rome.

In Rome, Beth is greeted by the villa’s owner, Veronica who is a 75-year-old widow. Veronica along with her best friend Marina who is also a senior, set out a list of tasks for Beth so that she can experience life to it’s fullest while in Rome. These tasks send Beth on an adventure of a lifetime and leave her with some difficult life decisions.

Kerry Fisher who is a new author to me had me hooked on Beth’s story from the very first page. It was refreshing to read a novel about a middle-aged woman who just became an empty nester and had her marriage fall apart instead of the usual heroine in romance novels. Veronica and Marina also bring such love and light into the story and I can not wait to see what they are up to in the next book. This novel was fun, exciting and uplifting. Thank you Bookouture for my advanced readers copy which I voluntarily read and reviewed. 



Thank you so much for stopping by the farmhouse. Lynn


  Affiliate Disclosure: I am so blessed to be able to share and create content free of charge. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases so, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links is very much appreciated. All the items are supplies that I personally use and recommend. Thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn