Monday, January 16, 2012

Promise

Today was a really sad day at our house. Our dog of sixteen years, Tessa is not doing well. At the Extended Care facility where I work we term it "End of Life". We are keeping her comfortable and staying by her side. While I was keeping her company today I found a few challenge sites and decided to do what I do when I'm happy, upset, sad, mad or glad. I scrapbook. It's my therapy. So to keep my mind occupied, I'm combing four challenges today. The title came from the Bird is the Word challenge blog where the word to use was "PROMISE" This is my husband and I and our promise to each other:

Count Your Blessings
Bear Each Others Burdens
Forgive and Forget
Be Kind & Tender Hearted
Comfort One Another
Keep Your Promises
Be Proud of Each Other
Be True to Each Other
Look After Each Other
Love

The beautiful sketch is from Creative Scrappers

The color inspiration came from Color Combos Galore 
I thought the little hats looked like flowers and I loved the color combination. Also saw the doily under the hat and decided to use one too!

And my fun came from The Paper Variety  where the challenge was to make fan fold embellishments! I'm new to that technique, so it took a bit of work, lol. I also tried stitching on my layout for the first time. Do you believe I had a mini sewing machine downstairs where my craft stuff is buried? Oh...I'm loving it!!


Supplies: Bo Bunny Et Cetera Watermark & Geography, Bo Bunny Love Shack Groovin  & Et Cetera Symphony for the flowers, Prima Flowers, Wilton Doilies, Tattered Angels  Wheat Beer Glimmer Mist, My new/old mini sewing machine for stitching.

18 comments:

  1. That background papers looks so great, love those hand made flowers, lovely take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful page lovely flowers and a cool design!
    byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is gorgeous. I love your rosettes. So sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely take on the sketch! The pinwheels look great! Thinking about Tessa today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your dog, but that's how life is, big hugs!
    I love the rosettes and the promise is so sweet <3
    Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...love those pinwheel flowers! Thanks for playing at Color Combos Galore :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout! I love how your used the border punch on one of the fan folds. Thanks for sharing your rosette embellishment at The Paper Variety :)
    - Suzanne, TPV cofounder

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is funny how much they realy are part of the family. Now, about that layout....Wow! This is gorgeous! Did you make that background?! Love it!! And all of your rosettes are too pretty! Nice work!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on combining so many challenges. Looks great!!
    Sorry to hear that your dog is not feeling well! Hope it works out for the best!
    Thank you for joining us at Color Combos Galore for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about your dog. Having pets is good practice I guess for our human experiences though I really wish they lived longer. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice layout! Beautiful colors. Sorry about your dog. :-( We lost our dog 18mths ago and I still think about her everyday. Thanks for linking with TPV- Holly TPV DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOu certainly rose to ALL the challenges and created a fabulous page! Lovely pic of you and hubby...and I enjoyed reading your "promises" to each other. Very romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so sorry to hear about your dog. Love your promises to your husband - great page

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful layout, love design and those flowers !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great paper pinwheels...thanks for playing at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is very romantic!! thanks for playing with us at BITW, looking forward to ScrapFitting with you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely page!!! love the photo. Wonderful work! Sorry to hear about your dog
    I understand you and yes, Scrapbooking is a good therapy!
    Thanks for playing along at BITW!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry about your sweet dog, so very sad. Sixteen years is an amzing long time, and it must of been so hard for you. It's been 20 years since I lost my beloved pet, and I still remember and cherish all her funny quirks and doings and time with me. Your memories will stay with you forever. I also love the promises you and your hubby have, so inspirational. Your page is lovely, fantastic take on the sketch and I love, love, love the accordian flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn