Friday, January 27, 2012

A Home is Built with Love and Dreams

We have a cabin which is a few hours from our home in the city. For the last 28 years this has been our home away from home. There are so many memories here. It's where our children grew up playing on the beach, going for quad rides, fishing, skidooing, swinging on the swings and sitting by the fire. This is my refuge. There is nothing more memorable than waking up early in the morning and going out to sit on the deck and watching the birds on the lake.  This layout is for a sketch at Sketches With A Twist. It's my first time visiting and I'm so excited I found this site. My hidden journaling reads:

My Home Away From Home
My dad built this cabin for his family but
passed away before he could enjoy it himself.
He left his legacy in these walls and beams.
The trees that he plants and the memories he left behind will be 
cherished forever. 
This is the home my Dad built.

Supplies: Bo Bunny Welcom Home Dreams, Home Decor, Olivia Noteworthy, Prima Flowers, Wilton Doily, Craftsmart Chocolate Brown Ink

11 comments:

  1. Love this design and how the photos look like a window viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is amazing, I love the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Absolutely gorgeous photos & stunning layout! You are very lucky to have such a refuge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ABSOLUTELY Stunning!! I loveeeeeeeee the photos, the colors, the way you framed the photos... the doily! Just PERFECTION! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is just beautiful Lynn! I love all the detail and the photos are great. The doilies are such a nice touch!! Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT for our first sketch!
    Laurie SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get a very relaxing feeling just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your LO. Makes me feel like I'm in your cabin, peeking outside the windows. Such a beautiful place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI.. this layout has such a homely feel to it, peaceful colors and lovely photos.. thanks for joining in at Sketches with a twist..

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is very pretty, Lynn. You did a wonderful job of making this layout with a homey feel to it. Thanks for playing along with SWAT this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful grid design...almost like looking through a window! You are rockin' the BoBunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lynne now its not just the cabin that will hold these beautiful memories of your dad and your time with family at your home away from home, but also this gorgeous layout. Your colors and design are just wonderful and I really love the way you have layered/framed your photos in a grid like fashion. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist.

    Danie - SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn