Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sketchabilities #27



I did this layout based on the beautiful sketch #27 by Karan Gerber on Sketchabilities. It is the first sketch I have tried from the site, but now I'm hooked! We took these photos on our trip to the Calgary Zoo where they have this amazing butterfly garden. I could have stayed there for hours. I wasn't sure what to do with these until I found this sketch and the layout just came together. It gave me a chance to make a flower and use my slice to make some pop up butterflies. The photo of the layout is a little "rough" seeing as my scanner "bit the dust", but I wanted to post it anyways. I guess I'm off to buy a new scanner today!

3 comments:

  1. Love your use of the Origins papers -- and your butterflies. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely in love with those butterflies. I need to dust off the Slice machine and make some of those! Really like your flower! Very cute LO and really great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures and layout. Please check my blog. I'm passing on an award to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn