Monday, September 27, 2010

Chocolate Brownie Loaf


This is my latest yummy loaf recipe. My kids are crazy about this one, I think because of the chocolate! My newest thing is baking mini loaves and freezing them for breakfast. Having two kids in University, they sure come in handy when the morning rush hits. This recipe came from Company's Coming cookbooks. They are a great Canadian cookbook company. Hope you enjoy this one!

Chocolate Brownie Loaf
1/4c. butter
1/3c. cocoa
3/4c. sugar
1 egg

1c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

2c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1c. chocolate chips

Combine butter and cocoa in small saucepan. Heat and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add sugar and stir. Add egg and mix well.
Add milk and vanilla stir.
Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Add to chocolate mixture. Add chocolate chips and stir until just moistened.
Place in greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 50 min. This also make 8 mini loaves which I bake for about 40 min. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it. Lynn